Name of the Project
SENSNET PROJECT – EUROPEAN ACADEMY FOR TRAINING PROFESSIONALS WORKING WITH AGEING PEOPLE
Creation of a pedagogical model for online teaching, design of our own online platform and production of modules about different subjects to train professionals who work with old people with sensory impairments.
- Begoña Coco Martín
- Amaya M. Barrio Velasco
- Erasmus + Programme. 2016.
- Key Action 2 (KA2): Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- MFAM (France).
- NRCB (Bulgaria).
- Visio (Holand).
- Aston University (UK)
- Istituto Rittmeyer (Italy)
- ECTE (Greece)
For further information: http://sensnet-project.eu/
Rising life expectancy and increasing numbers of older people in the population in Europe means a growing number of individuals are affected by visual and hearing impairments. Opening our eyes towards these problems and solutions is essential to get an individual better quality of life.
Sensnet has been developed a key solution to train the professionals working in care services addressed for this specific target group. Most of the organisations participating in SENSNET are members of any of the European networks ENVITER and HIPEN that are supporting the project. Surveys, events, workshop and courses have been carried out to get the most accurate information from this group of professionals.
The Universidad Europea Miguel de Cervantes, as a coordinator and main contributor in SENSNET project is participating in the implementation of the following activities:
- Design of the Methodological guide for the learning programme- Development of the training materials for professionals working with ageing people with hearing and/or visual impairments will be created in such area as, lighting and ergonomics and accessibility in society and in the daily life (access to culture and access to information and communication media)
- Creation of online learning platform for professionals working with ageing people with hearing and visual impairments.- Training courses for professionals.
- Creation of the European Academy that provides training for professionals working with ageing people with visual and/or hearing impairments,
- Creation of a European learning community of professionals working with ageing people with visual and/or hearing impairments,
- Increased the knowledge base of the partners to have a more accurate awareness of professionals’ learning needs and priorities,
- Improved skills of professionals involved in the trainings,
- Creation a comprehensive training strategy for professionals working with ageing people with hearing and visual impairments, etc.
The project involves seven partners from seven different European countries: Spain, Greece, France, The Netherlands, Italy, Bulgaria and United Kingdom.